Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm Sorry...

Lately I have been thinking a lot about the phrase "I'm sorry". How many times a day do we as humans say, "I'm sorry" or, just plain, "sorry"? Sorry for cutting you off in traffic. Sorry you are not feeling well. Sorry I forgot to give you that message. Sorry I stepped on your toe. Sorry I fucked your wife. Sorry I fucked your husband. Sorry I took a huge shit in your toilet, could not find the plunger, kept flushing and now you live in a shit swamp (yeah...it happened). Sorry that I tried to run you over with my car in the parking lot after you fired me (yeah...that happened). Sorry I got pissed, said I wished you were dead even after you bought me diapers and formula because my baby daddy would not (yeah...it happened). Sorry I attempted to blackmail you even though I considered you family (yeah...it happened). Sorry for not saying sorry even though I almost killed your child, did nothing about it, and then cost you that child's college savings (yeah...it happened). Sorry I did not say sorry for raping you of every dime to keep me out of jail (yeah...it happened). Sorry I am such a fuck-wad and totally fucked up your life.

OK, so are you feeling me right now? Often, sorry is about as valuable as the shitty, dirty crack that killed DJ AM (talk about fuck-wads). Sorry is a WORD. A word that we over use. A word that has no meaning in today's society because serial killers can say sorry right before they finally get what they deserve and go sit in heaven (Catholic school taught me that). Dirty, corrupt, philandering politicians can say sorry and win term after term. Drug addicts and alcoholics can say sorry as part of their "steps" and guess what, be forgiven because sorry is part of a "program".

I say FUCK THIS SHIT! Sorry is not a word. It is an action . Sorry I fucked up your life, now I am going to DO something to make it better.

So next time you tell someone you are sorry, don't be a douche bag. Say sorry and then follow it up with action. If you don't, well...you are a douche bag...and a fuck wad. Oh and if you ever tell me you are sorry, I'll accept your apology...just don't expect me to forgive you without action.

No comments:

Post a Comment