Saturday, August 29, 2009

Manners? Current Urban Legend?

When I was a little girl, my table manners were monitored like Rob Blagojevich's phone calls. Man, did that shit piss me off. However today, I have to say thank you Mom & Dad. Holy shit...this friend of Maddison's (sweet girl) is like a fucking pig at a trough during the early bird special. I am pretty sure that she thinks a napkin is for decoration and a knife merely a weapon in a movie. She clearly believes that her food, being openly chewed upon is a a work of art worthy of the Met.

OK...look...fellow parents of 2009 your kids are fucking pigs. They have NO table manners..NONE! NONE! So you say..."oh, kids today have so much more to worry about than that...drugs, alcohol, sex...". Well, parents, you morons, let me break it down for you. See, I never became a "druggie" because my parents had high standards for me which included, among sooooo very much more,: knowing a knife is for cutting food...not a fork; a napkin is for cleansning my hands...not my tongue; said napkin belongs on my lap; my food is better chewed with a closed mouth; I do not begin eating until everyone at the table was served; and I do not get up from the table until excused. Oh yeah, and I say, "nice to meet you" when introduced to someone.

Guess what idiots? The best defense against drugs etc. is...(wait for it)...VALUES, DIRECTION AND SELF WORTH! How does one achieve that? Ummmmm, idiots...from one's parents! Soooooo teach manners! Values, directions and self worth will come from that. And, and, perhaps even, your kids will be able to take care of you in your old age. Would you care to know how???? When sitting down to make that multi-million dollar business deal years from now, he/she will not fucking repulse their potential multi-million dollar client during the all-so-important business lunch!

Think about it. Or are you to ignorant in your own skills to do so?

1 comment:

  1. Nicely said. And as one half of the duo who "pissed" you off with that "shit", I say, "thanks for the recognition." Keep insisting on the same standards for your children (my grandchildren) and I'm certain someday they will return the favor and thank you, too.

    ReplyDelete